Information about Subsidiary Companies (SC)
Distribution and sales companies
Alatau Zharyk Company JSC
Alatau Zharyk Company JSC is one of the large regional electricity network companies in the south of republic that specializes in transmission of electric power for population, industrial and agricultural enterprises in the zone of its activity – Almaty city and Almaty region. Radius of AZC JSC territorially extends from Balkhash lakeshore till border with China.
The sole shareholder of Alatau Zharyk Company JSC is Samruk-Energy JSC.
The balance property of AZK JSC includes electricity networks of the following voltage classes: 220-110-35-10-6-0.4 kV.
On its balance AZC JSC has lines of electricity transmission with total length 34,577 km, including:
- Overhead transmission lines with voltage of 220 kV and length of 432.4 km;
- 110 kV lines with the total length of 2,733 km;
- 220 kV cable lines – 37.2 km; 110 kV – 101.12 km;
- Electricity networks with voltage of 35 kV and length of 2,887 km;
- Overhead and cable lines with voltage of 6-10 kV and total length of 12,544.5 km;
- Electricity transmission lines with voltage of 0.4 kV and total length of 10,716 km;
- The amount of sub-stations with voltage of 35-220 kV – 211 units with cumulative transformer power of 6,762 MVA;
- The amount of transformer sub-stations with voltage of 6-10/0.4 kV is 6,988 units with cumulative 2,343 MVA.
In total during the period since 2007 till 2013 there were drawn 80 billion tenge of investments and in Almaty city 40% of sub-stations with voltage over 35 kV were renovated.
In December 2013 the construction of 220 kV ring around Almaty city was finished.
The volume of electric energy transmission in 2013 was 5,818.4 mln kWh.
AlmatyEnergoSbyt limited liability partnership was founded in June 2006 as an energy providing company in accordance with the Law on electric power industry.
The sole participant of AlmatyEnergoSbyt is Samruk-Energy JSC – 100% of participation share.
AES LLP is the biggest supplier of power on the territory of Kazakhstan that provides more than 2.6 million people and 24 thousand enterprises of Almaty city and Almaty region with electric power. The main task of Partnership is reliable and stable providing consumers of Almaty city and eight administrative districts of Almaty region with power.
AES LLP being an entity of wholesale and retail markets of electric power carries out the following functions:
- Purchase of power from energy generating organizations and selling it to final retail consumers;
- Executes operative orders of Regional network company on conducting regimes of supply and consume;
- Concludes contracts on supplying power to consumers;
- Pays the services of system operator, REK, EPO on electricity transmission;
- Controls compliance of final consumers to conditions of payment for obtained power, regimes of power consumption that were defined by concluded contracts.
One of the main activity directions of AlmatyEnergoSbyt is improvement of service quality provided to power consumers. The volume of realized electric energy in 2013 was 5,556.3 kWh.
Samruk-Energy StroyServis LLP
Samruk-Energy StroyServis LLP was founded with the aim of providing construction services and services on designing, production, assembly and repair of electric energy equipment. In the framework of Plan on restructuring non-profile assets and objects (№73 from May 20, 2013) in December 2013 there was concluded a contract of sale of 100% of participation share in authorized stock capital of Samruk-Energy StroyServis LLP.
East-Kazakhstan Regional Energy Company JSC
East-Kazakhstan regional energy company JSC is one of the biggest regional distribution companies of Kazakhstan and is an entity of natural monopoly of East-Kazakhstan region.
In 2012 the company has been transferred to trusted management of energy holding Samruk-Energy JSC. In March 2013 the package of shares of East-Kazakhstan regional energy company JSC has been transferred to the possession of Samruk-Energy JSC.
The main type of activity of East-Kazakhstan regional energy company JSC is transmission and distribution of electric power. The area under service is – 283,300 square kilometers.
Total length of company’s networks is 34,537 km.
- Overhead lines of electricity transmission with voltage of 220 kV and length of 143.8 km;
- 110 kV – 4,776.7 km; 35 kV – 4,320.77 km; 6-10 kV – 12,884.3 km;
- 0.4 kV – 10,693.27 km; Cable lines of transmission with voltage of 10-6-0.4 kV -1,718.57 km;
- 312 sub-stations with voltage of 35 kV and higher with established capacity of 3,412.8 MVA;
- 6,495 transformer sub-stations with voltage of 6-10/0.4 kV, with established capacity of 1,536.2 MVA;
- Zaysan HPP – with established capacity of 2 MW (seasonal regime of work).
The volume of electric energy transmission in 2013 was – 3,443 million kWh.
Shygysenergytrade LLP was founded in 2004 as a subsidiary of East-Kazakhstan regional energy company JSC.
ShET LLP is an energy providing company that carries out sales of purchased electric energy to 480 thousand consumers of East Kazakhstan.
The share of ShET LLP on the East-Kazakhstan region market on realization of electric energy (providing electricity) is 43%. The consumers of ShET LLP in East-Kazakhstan region are connected to networks of EK REK JSC, Kazzinc JSC and other energy transmission organizations. Total number of ETO is 15 companies.
The average price of power sold in 2013 was 9,422 tenge per kWh. The volume of realization for entire year was 2,577 mln kWh.
Mangistau Distribution power grid company JSC
Mangistau Distribution power grid company JSC (further, MREC JSC) is an entity of natural monopoly and provides services of transmission and distribution of electric power to consumers of Mangistau region of the Republic of Kazakhstan, except for Aktau city. Mangistau Distribution power grid company JSC dominates in the market of providing services of transmission and distribution of electric power in Mangistau region.
The biggest shareholder of Mangistau Distribution power grid company JSC is Samruk-Energy JSC – 75 % + 1 share.
90% of power transported via networks of Mangistau Distribution power grid company JSC is consumed by oil producing companies of Mangistau region (Mangistaumunaygaz JSC, NC KazMunayGaz JSC, Karazhanbasmunay JSC and others).
- Overhead lines of electricity transmission with voltage of 220 kV and length of 665.1 km; 110 kV – 2,316.4 km;
- 35 kV – 948.7 km; 6-10 kV – 1,638 km;
- 0.4 kV – 601.8 km; 57 electricity sub-stations with voltage of 35 kV and higher with established power of 1,956.4 MVA;
- 428 transformer sub-stations with voltage of 6-10 kV and established power of 67.2 MVA.
The volume of electric energy transmission in 2013 was 2,598 mln kWh.